- "Cat and the Cricket" Signed Lithograph By Walter Hook
- Signed and numbered lithograph, 32/50
- Signed: lower right corner, "To Gary and Rachel Chigbrow from Walter Hook 1984"
- Description: Large cat looking at a cricket with a huge shadow (from Fable) in black and white
- Professionally framed and matted by former Marie's Arteries of Missoula, MT
- The 1970's appraisal value is $1200
- Provenance: Originally gifted to Chigbrow, bought by Lee Morrison Gallery, Missoula, MT
- Dimensions: 21"W x 17"L (framed)
- Condition: Excellent
Walter Hook was born in Missoula (1919) and graduated from the University of Montana with degrees in Mathematics, Physics, and Fine Arts. He also received a masters of Fine Arts from the University of New Mexico. He was hired by the U of M and became chairman of the art department. He was noted for his painting and printmaking and received 90 awards at juried exhibitions and had over 80 one-man shows. Hook was a member of the National Academy of Design.